Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(05-11-2018, 03:03 PM)Lens Wrote: Could someone please post the link to the radio feed again? Would love to take a listen!

http://cykf.net/Liveatc/Transit.php

High(er) speed testing will be proceeding all the way to Fairway Station next week, weather (and chain-free OCS) permitting (Lightning and test personnel don't mix). https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/high-speed-...-1.3926031
Also testing is to occur tomorrow (Saturday May 12) from Northfield Station to Mill Station https://www.therecord.com/news-story/860...amping-up/
Saturday! Unexpected, but welcome.
"Service is now expected to launch in December, nearly a year and a half later than originally expected, primarily due to several delays in vehicle delivery by manufacturer Bombardier."

Oh come on.
(05-11-2018, 06:26 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: "Service is now expected to launch in December, nearly a year and a half later than originally expected, primarily due to several delays in vehicle delivery by manufacturer Bombardier."

Oh come on.

Just curious, what’s the “Oh come on”? The year and a half or the “primarily due to” Bombardier?
(05-11-2018, 06:42 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:26 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: "Service is now expected to launch in December, nearly a year and a half later than originally expected, primarily due to several delays in vehicle delivery by manufacturer Bombardier."

Oh come on.

Just curious, what’s the “Oh come on”? The year and a half or the “primarily due to” Bombardier?

When this whole thing started, my concern was that the trains would be all here, sitting there, doing nothing, as we waited 1 1/2 years for construction of the finish up. I never imagined that we'd be waiting for the trains....
(05-11-2018, 06:42 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:

Oh come on.

Because "late 2017" isn't "nearly a year and a half" before December 2018 unless you're bending the truth to make the delay sound as bad as possible. The average reader now thinks service was supposed to begin before the system was even scheduled for completion.

Wow. ION Testing on a day I'm not at work? Guess I'm going trainspotting tomorrow. Smile
More from this afternoon:

507 just did a radio check. Weekend testing... it looks like it's finally happening!

"Looks like you're going to have to trail one switch on the way out of the yard, just FYI." --> I wonder if that means the points will have to be forced through as if it was a spring switch?
(05-12-2018, 08:28 AM)Canard Wrote: 507 just did a radio check.  Weekend testing... it looks like it's finally happening!

"Looks like you're going to have to trail one switch on the way out of the yard, just FYI."  -->  I wonder if that means the points will have to be forced through as if it was a spring switch?

Interesting … but does that mean the switches still aren’t working properly? I would have thought that by now they would have all the OMSF switches fully operational. Or maybe it means something else, although I can’t imagine what.
I caught some footage at R+T Park! They’re now heading South through Erb and Caroline. They are heading all the way to Borden now.
Anyone know how far they're made it? Was just about to head out from downtown to try and see it.

(05-12-2018, 10:04 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Anyone know how far they're made it?  Was just about to head out from downtown to try and see it.

Testing today is supposed to be as far as Mill Station. Where it is right now is up in the air. They travel at sweep speed (20 km/h or the posted limit whichever is lower) to the testing location and obey traffic signals until their signals have passed their testing.
I was more curious if they'd made it past downtown yet or not. Any idea how fast they're moving?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »