Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Region Council Election Discussion
Jan D'Ailly, for reference, is a businessman involved in a lot of startups as well as previously with more old school companies (B&W I think as an example?), while also having been on the board of Clay and Glass, and been integral in pushing forward trails in Waterloo, like the Waterloop. So a good middle of the road candidate who can appeal to all sides.

(05-11-2018, 10:21 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Jan D'Ailly, for reference, is a businessman involved in a lot of startups as well as previously with more old school companies (B&W I think as an example?), while also having been on the board of Clay and Glass, and been integral in pushing forward trails in Waterloo, like the Waterloop. So a good middle of the road candidate who can appeal to all sides.

But it's not clear yet whether he's strong enough a candidate to beat Aissa.
[Image: g05hBRv.png]
(05-11-2018, 10:21 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Jan D'Ailly, for reference, is a businessman involved in a lot of startups as well as previously with more old school companies (B&W I think as an example?), while also having been on the board of Clay and Glass, and been integral in pushing forward trails in Waterloo, like the Waterloop. So a good middle of the road candidate who can appeal to all sides.

I'd vote for him over Jay, but still, there's got to be better options.

Redman's name gets tossed around, has she actually indicated she might explore this option?
Ken Seiling was in his mid-thirties when he became the Regional Chair in 1985, younger when he became Mayor of Woolwich (30 in 1978?) and younger still (28 in 1976?) when he joined Woolwich Council. (2018/70-33=1985/37 if I have my math right). Present candidates aside, is there anyone locally in their mid-thirties who would be someone to consider who could serve with the same amount of benevolent trusteeship that Ken has demonstrated?
Just heard on 570 that Karen Redman will be running for Regional Chair.
(05-15-2018, 11:06 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Just heard on 570 that Karen Redman will be running for Regional Chair.

Amazing! This is great news, she will be a strong candidate.

(05-15-2018, 11:49 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 11:06 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Just heard on 570 that Karen Redman will be running for Regional Chair.

Amazing! This is great news, she will be a strong candidate.

I am happy about this too. I always thought she was a good MP. We will need her if Jay Aissa is truly running (has that actually been confirmed?)

Amazing news.  A big fan of hers.  I think her name carries a lot of weight too.
(05-15-2018, 01:30 PM)KingandWeber Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 11:49 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Amazing! This is great news, she will be a strong candidate.

I am happy about this too. I always thought she was a good MP. We will need her if Jay Aissa is truly running (has that actually been confirmed?)

I heard it on the radio that he's running so I'd guess so
(05-15-2018, 02:01 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 01:30 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: I am happy about this too. I always thought she was a good MP. We will need her if Jay Aissa is truly running (has that actually been confirmed?)

I heard it on the radio that he's running so I'd guess so

Last I had heard he had said he is running, but had not filed the paperwork.

I don't know if that has changed.

He also said he's leave the region if the LRT went through.

Still, I'd probably put more weight on this statement.
Didn't he move his business already?
(05-15-2018, 08:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Didn't he move his business already?

No. He was lying about moving, and I think many people realized he was lying because the reason for doing so was so absurd, combined with obvious features of his character as revealed during the campaign.

Their contact page does list Guelph and Woodstock phone numbers, but it gives the Head Office as being in KW, and the only address given is the Northfield Dr. location.

He’s had his sign up on an abandoned house in Woodstock for years.
(05-15-2018, 02:45 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 02:01 PM)Spokes Wrote: I heard it on the radio that he's running so I'd guess so

Last I had heard he had said he is running, but had not filed the paperwork.

Here's to hoping he does not file by 2pm on Friday, July the 27th.

And if he does, does anybody have screen shots or records of him saying he'll move his business out of the Region? I want them playing wherever he shows up if he does file on time. ;-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »