Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.85 Average
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours
I think local journalism is extremely important but that kind of garbage doesn't belong and only hurts their already free-falling business

(03-01-2019, 11:23 AM)Spokes Wrote: I wonder if vehicular access to the rear of the building was something the LCBO demanded

There is no vehicular access from King St; here is a drawing I posted a few months back in the retail thread:

(08-31-2018, 02:07 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is no access to the (very small) parking lot off King St.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4910]
Oh, I always thought that space served as a bit of a driveway. So just access to the parking lot then
That's right. The store entrance is at the front, and people parking at the back will need to walk through the gap to get to the entrance.
Not sure if this is an actual proposal for the Queen St Conservatory but I found this on Instagram by DesignSQ: https://www.instagram.com/p/BupZ84sBNF2/

[Image: lx6O4F4.png]
(03-07-2019, 11:57 AM)Lens Wrote: Not sure if this is an actual proposal for the Queen St Conservatory but I found this on Instagram by DesignSQ: https://www.instagram.com/p/BupZ84sBNF2/

[Image: lx6O4F4.png]

That would look cool if they built something like that.
Given Vidyard's updated building is not pesent in that render next door, this must be very old Sad

It looks really good though...
Would LOVE that
It's just a concept apparently but a VERY good one! More modern additions that compliment old buildings please
Just took a closer look. That terrace on top of the original building would be so nice!
That would have been very nice.
Does the conservatory own the building?

Was just getting my haircut at the Walper Barber Shop and they told me that as of yesterday, they're being forced out. They've been there since 1850, but Perimeter has given them 2 months to vacate, and are apparently trying to force out all the other tenants as well (though coffee culture apparently has a 25 year lease, and won't leave unless bought out for what I'm told is $9m)

The 3 barbers are interested in the former open sesame space, as well as the former Carmellos's space next to Young condos

Not sure what Perimeter's plan is.
(03-30-2019, 03:22 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Was just getting my haircut at the Walper Barber Shop and they told me that as of yesterday, they're being forced out. They've been there since 1850, but Perimeter has given them 2 months to vacate, and are apparently trying to force out all the other tenants as well (though coffee culture apparently has a 25 year lease, and won't leave unless bought out for what I'm told is $9m)

The 3 barbers are interested in the former open sesame space, as well as the former Carmellos's space next to Young condos

Not sure what Perimeter's plan is.

What. This is terrible. This my barber shop. It is part of our history. If ever the heritage committee advocated for history  this should be one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »