Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Exciting times are upon us. Enter to win a golden ticket.

https://www.grt.ca/en/about-grt/ion-gold...ntest.aspx

Alas, I have no Willy Wonka .gif handy.
(05-28-2019, 04:13 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: As I said in my previous message, there is no conflicting vehicle traffic, and the conflict with pedestrian traffic is exactly the same on red as it is on green, so that is not a colorable reason for disallowing right turn on red at this location.

Just had another thought.

It would make more sense to say “no right turn on green” than “no right turn on red” in this location.

When it’s green, traffic can just sail around the corner, as long as it yields to pedestrians.

When it’s red (without the prohibition), traffic has to stop, and may proceed after stopping, as long as it yields to pedestrians.

Which is safer for pedestrians?
(05-27-2019, 08:50 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: I just saw an idiot in uptown blocking the track turn lane heading into waterloo public square blocking a train (501? It had no number) from going though, despite the train blowing his horn several times. The train had to wait for the lights to go green, and the driver to clear the intersection before waiting for the next cycle.

side note, 501's the only LRV without decals right now so yes it was 501. You may be able to spot its paper sign Tongue

Other side note, 510 and 509 most recently got service decals, joining 502, 512, 513, 514.

EDIT 5/29: + 505, 506, 508, 511
New video about ION by Reece Martin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2o7ozV-o8c
Having a nice discussion with someone on Reddit who's spent years bitterly complaining about LRT spending and now says $1500 in prizes is "lame or underwhelming" and the region should be handing out $100,000. You can't win with these people, can you?
Not sure if it was reported but 505 has full decals now

(05-29-2019, 06:42 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Having a nice discussion with someone on Reddit who's spent years bitterly complaining about LRT spending and now says $1500 in prizes is "lame or underwhelming" and the region should be handing out $100,000. You can't win with these people, can you?

Some people are more interested in being negative and complaining than making a point.

These people are not pleasant to talk too.

And as always, these people may be different people in different contexts.
(05-29-2019, 08:55 PM)jason897 Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 08:45 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: Not sure if it was reported but 505 has full decals now

hi  Big Grin

So that leaves 501, 503, 504, and 507 if I'm not mistaken then.
501 is still very much naked!
Yep, as of today 501 is definitely still naked. 503, 504, 507 could possibly have them but haven't been spotted out yet.
(05-29-2019, 08:58 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 06:42 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Having a nice discussion with someone on Reddit who's spent years bitterly complaining about LRT spending and now says $1500 in prizes is "lame or underwhelming" and the region should be handing out $100,000. You can't win with these people, can you?

Some people are more interested in being negative and complaining than making a point.

These people are not pleasant to talk too.

And as always, these people may be different people in different contexts.

I’ve got a better idea. The Region should compensate everybody $10000 now and $1000/year forever for the traffic inconvenience during and after construction.

… later …

What? Taxes are up again? What are those fools spending all that money on?

(05-28-2019, 09:40 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Just had another thought.

It would make more sense to say “no right turn on green” than “no right turn on red” in this location.

And going by today, the no-right-on-red sign is gone. At least that’s what I think I saw. Is it possible to have a reverse hallucination in which one does not see something that is there?

An installation mistake corrected? Vigilante sign removal? Something else?
Oh no!

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/lrt-vehicle...-1.4446021
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »