Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
General Road and Highway Discussion
I saw one of the Apple Maps cars up in the Coldwater area on the weekend.

I was on the platform at Allen station when it went by. It might have snapped me!
(06-26-2019, 12:44 PM)KevinL Wrote: I was on the platform at Allen station when it went by. It might have snapped me!

Saw one on Courtland in front of the Block Line station at lunch today. Hopefully the get lots of pics of the LRT platforms full of people this week.
(06-26-2019, 01:51 PM)boatracer Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 12:44 PM)KevinL Wrote: I was on the platform at Allen station when it went by. It might have snapped me!

Saw one on Courtland in front of the Block Line station at lunch today. Hopefully the get lots of pics of the LRT platforms full of people this week.

This Apple Buggy was in Oakville ... can't figure out how to show the photo :-( Sorry

https://imgur.com/a/HK1yiLe
(06-26-2019, 09:48 AM)jamincan Wrote: I saw one of the Apple Maps cars up in the Coldwater area on the weekend.

I was behind it in the University/Fischer-Hallman area!
King St E is now fully open from Montgomery to Ottawa, with the final pavement and pavement markings.
(07-08-2019, 10:28 AM)tomh009 Wrote: King St E is now fully open from Montgomery to Ottawa, with the final pavement and pavement markings.

Excellent news, thanks!

So where will they move the road and sewer work to? Ottawa between King and Charles or continue down King?
Lackner Rd. between Ottawa and Fairway closed yesterday for an extended period of time. Lots of cars driving on the wrong side of the road around Road Closed signs yesterday....

Coke
Which direction is it closed? It's often my backup route home if the 401 is busy in Cambridge.
(07-09-2019, 07:46 PM)jamincan Wrote: Which direction is it closed? It's often my backup route home if the 401 is busy in Cambridge.
Both directions.  It is in my hood and now a royal pain in the arse.  Not sure what all they are doing. I know they are servicing the new 1000 Lackner condo development..  But otherwise I have no idea why they had to close the whole roadway..
On the region's construction site it says they are installing new sewers for a development and that it'll be closed until the 9th of August.
(07-08-2019, 09:25 PM)white_brian Wrote: So where will they move the road and sewer work to? Ottawa between King and Charles or continue down King?

No signs of impending construction anywhere near King & Ottawa at the moment.

(07-10-2019, 08:31 AM)clasher Wrote: On the region's construction site it says they are installing new sewers for a development and that it'll be closed until the 9th of August.
http://lackner.reidsheritagehomes.com/
News today in our city regarding our "vision zero would be inconvenient" policy:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/crash-in-ki...-1.4505753

A second collision at the newly constructed Highland/Belmont intersection...a major intersection, where we have high demand for active transportation, yet designed for maximum car speeds and high danger...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »