Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1425 Block Line Rd | 12 & 8 fl | U/C
Homer Watson and Block Line Project
1425 Block Line Rd, Kitchener, ON N2C 0A4 (Approx)
No Website 
Northview REIT (https://www.northviewreit.com/)
Construction: Melloul-Blamey Construction (https://twitter.com/Melloul_Blamey/statu...0863149056)

[Image: D8ZBakLV4AA6YOi.jpg:large]

Is there a proposal with the City yet?
(07-15-2019, 04:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Is there a proposal with the City yet?

They've already dug fairly deep, so I think they're well beyond the proposal part, excavation stage more like. I actually was on here looking for a thread, but couldn't find one, and didn't have details to make a thread.
They have just been doing site servicing up until about a week ago where they brought in a pile driver. They have one side done of the building right on the corner with piles In the ground. They were starting the next wall Friday morning.
Is this actually 1425 Block Line Rd? 12 stories and 363 units, designed by ABA Architects, it seems to match the description above.

10 Fallowfield Rd is a set of townhouses from roughly 10 years ago.
(07-17-2019, 10:38 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Is this actually 1425 Block Line Rd? 12 stories and 363 units, designed by ABA Architects, it seems to match the description above.

That is correct since this doesn't touch Fallowfield
(07-18-2019, 08:28 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 10:38 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Is this actually 1425 Block Line Rd? 12 stories and 363 units, designed by ABA Architects, it seems to match the description above.

That is correct since this doesn't touch Fallowfield
Thanks. Thread title updated now.

@panamaniac According to Kitchener GIS, there are 3 permits on this site:
1) Site services - Residential plumbing 

2)New Construction - Apartment 

3)Foundation Only -  Apartment. The outlines of the two buildings also appear on Kitchener GIS. 

Kitchener GIS also reveals the true address, which as @tomh009 said, is 1425 Block Line Road. 

When I first posted the thread, I was too lazy to go to the GIS Website so I used Google Maps instead. I placed a pin in the centre of the property and recorded the address there. Regardless of where this pin is placed,  the address is recorded as 10 Fallowfield Drive (Perhaps this is the case because this is the closest address that is built-up. This is an example of what I describe: (https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.419111...m2!4m1!3e2). The pin is firmly in the property of 1425 Block line Road but is displayed as 10 Fallowfield Drive. Similarly (https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.419111...m2!4m1!3e2). 

The address is not properly displayed on Streetview as well.

I am sorry for any confusion that this brought.
No big deal, kalis. This site is a collaborative effort, we each add some more information to make it what it is. Thanks for spotting it in the first place!

The base piece for a tower crane is in place.
Can someone take a nice photo of the sign since there appear to be no renders online?

And how are the transit connections at this site?
(08-18-2019, 04:16 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Can someone take a nice photo of the sign since there appear to be no renders online?

And how are the transit connections at this site?
201, 22, 33 and I think 26 all within walking distance. Also about 1km from iON

(08-18-2019, 04:24 PM)neonjoe Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 04:16 PM)tomh009 Wrote: And how are the transit connections at this site?

201, 22, 33 and I think 26 all within walking distance. Also about 1km from iON

That's pretty good! While the area is fairly car-centric, the transit connections look good. And the Forest Glen plaza is very close.
(08-18-2019, 04:16 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Can someone take a nice photo of the sign since there appear to be no renders online?
There is a link to a render in the first post of this thread.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »