Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The COVID-19 pandemic
(07-04-2021, 01:03 PM)jeffster Wrote: Hopefully in the coming months our region can start to target areas of concern with mass vaccinations.

Did you mean to write weeks? We shouldn't be waiting months for mass vaccinations in this region. They should be developing a plan at the moment so that in the next two or three weeks max, we can mass vaccinate everyone. Send mobile clinics to homeless shelters and group/youth homes. Set up drive-through vaccinations at Catalyst137 (I know you are supposed to rest after getting it, but the USA managed to mass vaccinate people in cars just fine). Waterloo Region needs to step it up. People are sick of this shit.

(07-04-2021, 01:13 PM)ac3r Wrote: Did you mean to write weeks? We shouldn't be waiting months for mass vaccinations in this region. They should be developing a plan at the moment so that in the next two or three weeks max, we can mass vaccinate everyone. Send mobile clinics to homeless shelters and group/youth homes. Set up drive-through vaccinations at Catalyst137 (I know you are supposed to rest after getting it, but the USA managed to mass vaccinate people in cars just fine). Waterloo Region needs to step it up. People are sick of this shit.

Already started today, 500 people being vaccinated at Bingeman's.
https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...-hour.html
Nice to see.

This made me wonder whether or not drive-through vaccinations should be appointment based or first-come-first-serve. I could see the latter working on, say, weekends where people are willing to waste a day in hopes of getting a vaccine without having to jump over hurdles to book an appointment. Maybe somehow announce that X location will have 1500 doses so people at least have a sense of whether to go. But then repeatedly missing out might get a little dejecting for some...so I don't know. Either way, they need to step it up and reopen this damn province already. The rest of the country is starting to go back to normal and yet Ontario is still acting like it's March 2020 and we need to wear 6 feet worth of masks and sanitize a banana before we eat it.

Edit: Or even first-come-first-serve at community centres and schools. I think they could easily start to use community centres or public schools without any need for appointments. To deal with huge lines, organize it based on postal code or something. Announce it the best that can be done beforehand, but then set up some signs and have volunteers inform people in the line that "you need to live in N2J to get vaccinated here". There are so many ways to get doses into arms that we're not doing.

I just want to go to art galleries and enjoy some live music, man. Hah.
SUNDAY 2021-07-04

Waterloo Region reported 37 new cases for today (9.5% of the active cases) and two more for yesterday for 51; 333 new cases for the week (-22 from yesterday, -52 from last week), averaging 10.7% of active cases. 369 active cases, -102 in the last seven days.

That's three weeks of solid drops in the weekly average: three weeks ago we were at 423 cases/7 days, now 333, and in the same time active cases have dropped from 504 to 369. It's not as fast as we'd like, but it's definitely progress.

Next testing report on Tuesday.

Next vaccination report on Monday.

Ontario reported 213 new cases today with a seven-day average of 216 (-10). 286 recoveries and nine deaths translated to a decrease of 82 active cases and a new total of 2,031. -594 active cases for the week and 88 deaths (13 per day). 18,989 tests with a positivity rate of 1.12%. The positivity rate is averaging 1.03% for the past seven days, compared to 1.29% for the preceding seven. 177 patients in ICU (-6 today, -53 for the week).

New case variants reported today (these are substantially delayed so they do not match the new case numbers):
  • Alpha (B.1.1.7): 32
  • Beta (B.1.351): 0
  • Delta (B.1.617): 14
  • Gamma (P.1): 0
196,068 doses of vaccine administered, with a seven-day average at 219,033 (previous week was 210,856). 67.97% of total provincial population vaccinated (+0.13% from yesterday, +0.97% from 7 days ago), 37.74% fully vaccinated (+1.19% from yesterday, +9.45% from 7 days ago).
  • 49 cases in Waterloo: 7.9 per 100K (based on provincial reporting)
  • 5 cases in Huron Perth: 5.1 per 100K
  • 9 cases in Middlesex-London: 2.2 per 100K
  • 12 cases in Halton: 2.2 per 100K
  • 5 cases in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph: 1.8 per 100K
  • 10 cases in Hamilton: 1.7 per 100K
  • 42 cases in Toronto: 1.4 per 100K
  • 6 cases in Niagara: 1.3 per 100K
  • 17 cases in Peel: 1.2 per 100K
  • 2 cases in Kingston Frontenac: 1.0 per 100K

Waterloo Region's chart below.

(07-04-2021, 03:18 PM)tomh009 Wrote: SUNDAY 2021-07-04

Can you explain the colouring code?
(07-04-2021, 01:13 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 01:03 PM)jeffster Wrote: Hopefully in the coming months our region can start to target areas of concern with mass vaccinations.

Did you mean to write weeks? We shouldn't be waiting months for mass vaccinations in this region. They should be developing a plan at the moment so that in the next two or three weeks max, we can mass vaccinate everyone. Send mobile clinics to homeless shelters and group/youth homes. Set up drive-through vaccinations at Catalyst137 (I know you are supposed to rest after getting it, but the USA managed to mass vaccinate people in cars just fine). Waterloo Region needs to step it up. People are sick of this shit.

There should be some in the coming weeks as well, but they need to do it for a few months. Too many people can't get to the clinics that require a car to get to. I am still having hopes that they decide to come to some arenas or community centres or both. Though I believe RoW will announce something significant this coming week, so expect to see it in the news, because it will likely be very big.

Got my second dose today at the 99 Regina St clinic. The clinic seemed pretty busy.
Current 7-day Covid-19 cases per 100k.

• Grey Bruce Health Unit 95.4
• Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services 58.5
• Porcupine Health Unit 47.9

• North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit 15.4
• Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health 12.8
• Halton Region Public Health 12.8
• Niagara Region Public Health 12.7
• Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit 12.7
• City of Hamilton Public Health Services 11.8
• Peterborough Public Health 11.5

• TOTAL ONTARIO 10.5
The colours are from before lockdown. Haven't changed them yet.

No car required to get to the UW Pharmacy clinic, or to many of the pharmacies that offer vaccinations.
(07-04-2021, 10:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: Got my second dose today at the 99 Regina St clinic. The clinic seemed pretty busy.

Did you find it was a fast process nonetheless? When I went there for my second dose, the line was wrapped around the building but it moved pretty fast. I don't think I was there more than half an hour, including the 15 minute time they make you wait in a chair in case you go all Eric Cartman from the 5G.

[Image: dpnjUIb.gif]
MONDAY 2021-07-05

Waterloo Region reported 32 new cases for today (8.6% of the active cases) and three more for yesterday for 40; 304 new cases for the week (-29 from yesterday, -79 from last week), averaging 10.1% of active cases. 369 active cases, -120 in the last seven days.

Next testing report on Tuesday.

24,246 doses of vaccine administered over the past three days (effectively an extra-long weekend), with a seven-day average at 8,475 (previous week was 8,988). 64.08% of total regional population vaccinated (+2.37% from 7 days ago), 31.85% fully vaccinated (8.98% from 7 days ago).

Ontario reported 170 new cases today with a seven-day average of 210 (-6). 233 recoveries and one death translated to a decrease of 64 active cases and a new total of 1,967 -- under 2,000 active cases for the first time since September. -539 active cases for the week and 86 deaths (12 per day). 12,949 tests with a positivity rate of 1.31%. The positivity rate is averaging 0.99% -- very nice indeed! -- for the past seven days, compared to 1.24% for the preceding seven. 170 patients in ICU (-7 today, -54 for the week) with COVID-19.

New case variants reported today (these are substantially delayed so they do not match the new case numbers):
  • Alpha (B.1.1.7): 56
  • Beta (B.1.351): 0
  • Delta (B.1.617): 14
  • Gamma (P.1): 0
144,795 doses of vaccine administered, with a seven-day average at 214,051 (previous week was 219,676). 68.05% of total provincial population vaccinated (+0.08% from yesterday, +0.92% from 7 days ago), 38.64% fully vaccinated (+0.90% from yesterday, +9.26% from 7 days ago).
  • 34 cases in Waterloo: 5.5 per 100K (based on provincial reporting)
  • 4 cases in Lambton: 3.1 per 100K
  • 4 cases in Brant: 2.9 per 100K
  • 5 cases in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph: 1.8 per 100K
  • 7 cases in Niagara: 1.6 per 100K
  • 8 cases in Halton: 1.5 per 100K
  • 8 cases in Hamilton: 1.4 per 100K
  • 1 cases in Huron Perth: 1.0 per 100K
  • 4 cases in Middlesex-London: 1.0 per 100K
Waterloo Region COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution

https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/livin...force.aspx

Yes?

P.S. Tech tip: if you insert the image into the post after attaching it, the forum software will scale it. Otherwise you will only see a top corner of the image. (I fixed this particular one for you.)
(07-05-2021, 01:08 PM)ac3r Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 10:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: Got my second dose today at the 99 Regina St clinic. The clinic seemed pretty busy.

Did you find it was a fast process nonetheless? When I went there for my second dose, the line was wrapped around the building but it moved pretty fast. I don't think I was there more than half an hour, including the 15 minute time they make you wait in a chair in case you go all Eric Cartman from the 5G.

[Image: dpnjUIb.gif]

It was pretty fast. Maybe a 5 minute wait to get in, then 5 minutes confirming personal information and a 15 minute post-shot wait.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »