Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
55 Kerr St | 18 fl x2 | Proposed
(01-04-2022, 05:16 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: That podium is pretty bad. The brick part looks decent from the photo, and the glass part looks okay, but the transition half way up is terrible.

(And of course the tower has a weird transition half way up as well.)

Why is this style so popular? If you have a good design, why not apply it to the whole building? What is the appeal of changing designs partway up?

As I had said in the other thread, it looks like they were all arguing on which design to use, and decided to go for all 10.

They should throw a giant Cookie Monster on top for good measure.

I wonder why they decided to build a bridge between the buildings. You see that in offices fairly often, but low-rise condo towers? Odd choice. I could see that if the parking was contained within one of the podiums, but it's entirely underground.
Maybe the amenities are shared?
Yeah, like one has the pool and one has the gym, or something.
The news is too boring to take a picture, but this very overgrown lot has been cleared out - hopefully in prep for construction.
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »