Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
5 or 6 towers near Conestoga College holy moly. Residents in this neck of the woods (namely just on the other side of Homer Watson) were opposing a bus coming in here - increasing density in the area rapidly like that woukd be a tough sell.

(02-13-2020, 08:54 AM)Momo26 Wrote: 5 or 6 towers near Conestoga College holy moly. Residents in this neck of the woods (namely just on the other side of Homer Watson) were opposing a bus coming in here - increasing density in the area rapidly like that woukd be a tough sell.

When you think of it, that's not a lot, considering the rental crisis in that area. If you look at Waterloo, they have a crap load of apartments for the school, at this point, I have lost count, but it must be around 50 buildings at least. So 5 or 6 in the Conestoga area, if it can be approved, isn't that many. I'd imagine they could put them in existing area's of high density population, plus were the current residence is.
Oh yah, don't get me wrong - it's needed with the ever growing enrollment. I just know that if they WERE to pop up in areas that are low to ultra low density, it would be NIMBY-ville.
Work is progressing well, they are working on the the platform for the second (basement)floor along King St
(03-17-2020, 01:45 PM)white_brian Wrote: Work is progressing well, they are working on the the platform for the second (basement)floor along King St
Thank you for the update.  Are all the construction sites still working due to this virus outbreak?  Thank you.
March 22.                
Thanks for everyone who's been posting pictures of various projects. It's definitely hard to get out much these days for a lot of members so they're a big help!

Probably the last pics for a while. I assume construction will be suspended tomorrow?
(03-23-2020, 09:59 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Probably the last pics for a while. I assume construction will be suspended tomorrow?

Not because of any government action - residential construction is on the "essentials" list.
Can't stop progress, apparently.

Can't stop won't stop. Why are you still at the workplace?!
(04-03-2020, 03:43 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Can't stop won't stop. Why are you still at the workplace?!

I had to go pick up something so I walked to the (empty) office. And took a photo while I was there.
That's a cool photo tomh009.  Look at this piece only, it looks like a really interesting city.  Would you immediately recognize it as Kitchener?

[attachment=6901]

I definitely wouldn't
(04-06-2020, 07:37 AM)mastermind Wrote: That's a cool photo tomh009.  Look at this piece only, it looks like a really interesting city.  Would you immediately recognize it as Kitchener?

Are you saying that Kitchener isn't a really interesting city?  Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »