Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
I hear what I perceive mostly as the road and vehicular traffic, plus iON lady. Were there a lot of construction site specific sounds ie. Tools etc?

(07-21-2020, 08:10 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Can't miss Charlie West now: this will be a great addition to the skyline.
And just think, 11 storeys still on top of that!
Momentum Partnership has posted a video on their Instagram account taken from the 14th Floor.

05b Charlie West 14th floor
There is a view of the Mayfair Hotel project right afterwards.... looks great from the 20th floor!

Coke
Another monochrome shot from our office. Three more floors added in July.

(07-28-2020, 02:44 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Another monochrome shot from our office. Three more floors added in July.
I count 22 floors completed, now working on the 23rd? That's impressive progress this month!
(07-28-2020, 04:08 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 02:44 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Another monochrome shot from our office. Three more floors added in July.

I count 22 floors completed, now working on the 23rd? That's impressive progress this month!

It's about the same pace as the (much smaller) Arrow 2, a week and a bit per floor.

(07-28-2020, 04:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 04:08 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote: I count 22 floors completed, now working on the 23rd? That's impressive progress this month!

It's about the same pace as the (much smaller) Arrow 2, a week and a bit per floor.
That's awesome, I think I read somewhere earlier on this thread that we should expect an average a floor every 2 weeks after the podium was done, so I was surprised at the recent progress. Maybe things will slow down a little once the weather gets cold again? However, if they keep up the current pace, we should be topped off well before winter!
(07-28-2020, 04:26 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 04:10 PM)tomh009 Wrote: It's about the same pace as the (much smaller) Arrow 2, a week and a bit per floor.
That's awesome, I think I read somewhere earlier on this thread that we should expect an average a floor every 2 weeks after the podium was done, so I was surprised at the recent progress. Maybe things will slow down a little once the weather gets cold again? However, if they keep up the current pace, we should be topped off well before winter!
I will call Oct 15 for topoff, and April 15 for DTK.
(07-28-2020, 04:08 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote:

I counted 21, 5 for the platform and 16 on top. Either was, though, most floors of any building in Kitchener (if we're not including underground).

It'll be interesting once this is done for sure. I imagine being on the 31st floor will give you quite a view. Really anything over 30 floors starts to look great.
(07-28-2020, 05:57 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 04:08 PM)hellocharliewest Wrote: I count 22 floors completed, now working on the 23rd? That's impressive progress this month!

I counted 21, 5 for the platform and 16 on top. Either was, though, most floors of any building in Kitchener (if we're not including underground).

It'll be interesting once this is done for sure. I imagine being on the 31st floor will give you quite a view. Really anything over 30 floors starts to look great.

I wonder how long it will hold the title of Kitchener's tallest?  I'm thinking it will only be for four or five months, or less, until the Duke overtakes it.
(07-28-2020, 06:29 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 05:57 PM)jeffster Wrote: I counted 21, 5 for the platform and 16 on top. Either was, though, most floors of any building in Kitchener (if we're not including underground).

I wonder how long it will hold the title of Kitchener's tallest?  I'm thinking it will only be for four or five months, or less, until the Duke overtakes it.

But even that will be temporary, until the spire being assembled in secret within Charlie West is extended.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2014/...scomb.html

Start reading from “grew incrementally”.
Haha nice. Good find.

Man I'm all for cool designs/less square footage per floor as a building goes up, for aesthetics.

Very exciting progress here. Thanks for the picture!
Charlie with the clock tower.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »