Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
Would love to see time lapse pictures of that crane going up piece by piece!

(05-10-2019, 09:08 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Would love to see time lapse pictures of that crane going up piece by piece!

I'm going to get every update picture JGSZ gives us then I'll attempt to make one.
Sweet thanks
Yeah, figured that was the crane base.
Crane is going up fast!

WOW, that is fast....I see the grey conduit they have run towards the hydro boxes in the corner is not hooked up yet. So they wont be able to power it up.
More pics:

Here is a closeup of the Operators Cab.  I don't know if they'll be adding the Jib or the Machinery Arm with the Concrete Counterweight today.  I'll take a pic if they do.

(05-09-2019, 07:20 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: My guess is they need a crane.  There is no room for a portable crane now.

Good guess!
There was a larger yellow crane and support trucks sitting at Charles and Benton this morning as well
The crane isn't nearly tall enough to do the whole building, so either it gets extended later or it's the kind that can jack itself up as construction progresses.
(05-10-2019, 05:17 PM)KevinL Wrote: The crane isn't nearly tall enough to do the whole building, so either it gets extended later or it's the kind that can jack itself up as construction progresses.

Maybe it jacks itself? I never seen an internal crane before...though doing a little research, it showed the particularly taller buildings are sometimes built this way.
Those pics are reminding me how badly the former Stantec office at Market Square needs two added storeys and a reclad.

They lifted the Tower peak into position early this evening.   Then they joined the two long pieces of the jib together.  They'll be hoisting it up in one piece. (no pic)

Excellent pics as usual jgsz! Are they working into the night? Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »