Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
General Retail News

A "Re-opening Soon" sign has gone up at B & T Supermarket at 470 King St E. It is just about a year since they were closed following a fire.
I had occasion this morning to stop in at Kishki World Foods, the updated version of Kishki Halal Food Market (200 Highland Rd West), which re-opened about three weeks ago. It has a very modern clean look to it, with a good variety of Middle Eastern foods, bakery, butcher counter, some fresh produce etc. I looks pretty good.

The variety of ethnic foods available down in that part of town is impressive. Afghan, Portuguese, Salvadoran, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, plus EuroFoods just down the road.
Taya Fashion at 157 King St W has closed. The St Jacobs store remains open. It seems that retail continues to struggle Downtown, unfortunately.
The former KFC building at Highland Rd has been turned into an alterations and dry cleaning business.
Looks like The Bargain Shop's cousin Red Apple in Forest Glen Plaza is also closing down. Maybe the company is going out of business.
Sail opens in Cambridge on November 26, I am looking forward to checking it out.

I stepped in to The Bargain Shop this morning on my walk. I had forgotten how large it is and that it has a full basement. The place could very easily be split into two large retail spaces.
The Metro supermarket at 980 Franklin Blvd in Cambridge will be closing in the new year.
Do you know if the metro will be turning into a food Basics or are they completely closing it?
There's already a Food Basics at Franklin and Saginaw/Holiday Inn Drive, so it would be surprising if they did.

With a large Zehrs only five minutes away, the odds were not in their favour.
Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.
(11-24-2014, 09:03 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Sail opens in Cambridge on November 26, I am looking forward to checking it out.

Stopped by there today, quite impressive. Amazing footwear selection, quite a good variety of other stuff as well; the hunting/fishing gear is all upstairs if that's not your thing, which is kind of nice.

(11-30-2014, 03:04 PM)greybird Wrote: Part of the Metro could be turned into a No Frills apparently.

The always higher prices in METRO stores likely caused its demise.

No Frills is a Loblaw corporate brand.
The Cash Store at King and Queen Sts seems to have closed (again). I hope the closure is permanent this time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »