Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
Almost certainly won't be. First 2 towers each had their own.

(08-18-2023, 12:30 PM)CP42 Wrote: Crane is going up today.
I’m curious as to whether this will be the only crane or not, given it is quite far from where the tower is supposed to be.

It certainly won't be the only tower crane for the phase 2a, it's way to far away from where the raft slab/tower would be for it to be the only one at least based upon the drawings posted a few posts back. 

They could always be doing something similar to what they did at Young Condos/City center, where they put up the crane and then moved it to a better spot a few months later.

One interesting thing is this looks to be a luffing jib tower crane which would make it the first in Waterloo Region if I'm not mistaken.
A nice view of the crane, to be sure! Smile
Took a peek inside today, looks like a crane base just waiting for concrete is installed close to the train parking.
(09-02-2023, 10:31 PM)Square Wrote: Took a peek inside today, looks like a crane base just waiting for concrete is installed close to the train parking.

Crane #2?
(09-02-2023, 10:53 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 10:31 PM)Square Wrote: Took a peek inside today, looks like a crane base just waiting for concrete is installed close to the train parking.

Crane #2?

Yes, this would be Crane number 2.  Going to guess this will be the main crane for the building?
(09-02-2023, 11:02 PM)Square Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 10:53 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Crane #2?

Yes, this would be Crane number 2.  Going to guess this will be the main crane for the building?

I was wondering given how big the site will be, if they’ll use the first crane to take materials off trucks on Walter/Wellington and into the site, whereas the next crane will be the main tower crane?

(09-03-2023, 12:01 AM)CP42 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 11:02 PM)Square Wrote: Yes, this would be Crane number 2.  Going to guess this will be the main crane for the building?

I was wondering given how big the site will be, if they’ll use the first crane to take materials off trucks on Walter/Wellington and into the site, whereas the next crane will be the main tower crane?

Or seeing how far the shoring wall has come to Walter/Wellington, maybe the underground parking/podium plans have changed, and the first crane will be used for that?
(09-03-2023, 03:05 AM)Square Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 12:01 AM)CP42 Wrote: I was wondering given how big the site will be, if they’ll use the first crane to take materials off trucks on Walter/Wellington and into the site, whereas the next crane will be the main tower crane?

Or seeing how far the shoring wall has come to Walter/Wellington, maybe the underground parking/podium plans have changed, and the first crane will be used for that?
Here’s the underground and above ground plans side by side:
[Image: c7NIsE9.png]
[Image: gUxg357.png]
Okay, thanks for the plans, have not seen the first one before.

Wow! Where did you find this?
That fluted column supporting the podium is quite the look. I'm impressed.

That would be great to see as you're coming up the King St hill from under the rail overpass. Very cool look, I hope it gets implemented well!
YES!!!!!!! Finally a Unique tower proposed for DTK. My only quam is that it is Black and White.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »