Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza
Heart broken by the loss of Benny's. That was my go-to breakfast spot. I didn't care for the lunch or the dinner menu however.

The last time we were at Zay Zaman Restaurant we decided to try their Chicken Shawarma pizza.  The large, eight slice, pizza for $10.99 is a good deal.  We started eating the pizza in their tiny seating area but we couldn't finish it so we took the rest home.  The pizza was good.  However, I have been so spoiled by thin crust pizza that I found Zay Zaman's pizza too doughy.   

We asked for hot sauce and garlic sauce and mushrooms as an added topping.  It was good but I think we'll go to this place for the Shawarma plate or wrap.  I think they are better than their pizza.
That looks amazing! But I, like you, like thin crust. I wonder if that's something they can do?
Papa John's Pizza is Opening another location in Kitchener. they are opening a new location At Victoria and Lawrence where KC Convenience used to be. Hasty Market opened in the other portion of the old KC Convenience. It's interesting seeing that building become a plaza. Did it used to be a plaza? I know M&M Meats first location was there according to a History article I read about them.
That plaza was originally three units, yes.
(05-30-2019, 12:59 PM)KevinL Wrote: That plaza was originally three units, yes.

Cool Thanks for the info. Do you know what used to be there?
My memory doesn't serve me much beyond that fact, sorry.

Did their location at Sixo close already?
(06-01-2019, 07:40 AM)Spokes Wrote: Did their location at Sixo close already?

That one was closed for years. Before the overpass was built if I remember.
(05-31-2019, 07:44 PM)KevinL Wrote: My memory doesn't serve me much beyond that fact, sorry.

That's okay I'm just happy to know more about that building, I guess that means the building did a 360. I'm fascinated with all KW History. No matter how trivial.
(05-30-2019, 07:24 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: Papa John's Pizza is Opening another location in Kitchener. they are opening a new location At Victoria and Lawrence where KC Convenience used to be. Hasty Market opened in the other portion of the old KC Convenience. It's interesting seeing that building become a plaza. Did it used to be a plaza? I know M&M Meats first location was there according to a History article I read about them.

NICE! That's a lot closer to me than Fairway (which is kind of hidden). Now I wonder if this is "another location" or simply a move.
A Domino's has just opened at Fairway and Manitou.
Did the Dominos move from the strip part of the plaza by Solar Dental?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the pizza at Stark & Perri in Uptown is pretty amazing. My favourite in the region by far. Large and pitcher for $28, great deal.
(07-04-2019, 04:55 PM)urbd Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the pizza at Stark & Perri in Uptown is pretty amazing. My favourite in the region by far. Large and pitcher for $28, great deal.

When recommending pizza, it's always good to mention what kind of pizza it is -- people have very different preferences.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »