Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-11-2016, 09:27 PM)Canard Wrote: New signage along Borden - Westbound only, so I can only assume these are meant for the LRV operators.  A bit strange, since you think it'd be covered during training. Signage this prominent is usually reserved for situations where you might have someone who's not familiar with an area traveling through it.[/i]

Could it also be for training purposes?

Pedestrian bridge is up now across Seagram, so problem resolved.
(09-12-2016, 07:19 AM)Canard Wrote: Pedestrian bridge is up now across Seagram, so problem resolved.

Tried to cross Segram again this morning and the construction worker directed me up to the University crossing. I said "I heard you had a bridge now" and he told me "That's been removed".
(09-12-2016, 10:10 AM)goggolor Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 07:19 AM)Canard Wrote: Pedestrian bridge is up now across Seagram, so problem resolved.

Tried to cross Segram again this morning and the construction worker directed me up to the University crossing. I said "I heard you had a bridge now" and he told me "That's been removed".

That was quick.   Also, what is the route to University?  Does one have to walk to Albert?
(09-12-2016, 12:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 10:10 AM)goggolor Wrote: Tried to cross Segram again this morning and the construction worker directed me up to the University crossing. I said "I heard you had a bridge now" and he told me "That's been removed".

That was quick.   Also, what is the route to University?  Does one have to walk to Albert?

Lester would work, but it's still quite a ways.
(09-12-2016, 12:11 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 12:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: That was quick.   Also, what is the route to University?  Does one have to walk to Albert?

Lester would work, but it's still quite a ways.

Or they could just open the crossing immediately south of the Seagram station platform. Actually, even with it closed (although coming from the west side it is not clear that it is closed), it’s a pretty good route for those with good mobility (the concrete plates are not in place, so getting over the tracks involves some stepping over).
Ok, now for a positive posting: First, thanks again, mostly Canard but also others, for your great photos of the construction. I’ve very much enjoyed watching parts of the project I can’t regularly visit. Second, I walked around near the King and Victoria area and then up King from north of the main line to Uptown last night, and it’s clear that huge sections of this project are getting very close to done and look great.

(09-12-2016, 12:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 10:10 AM)goggolor Wrote: Tried to cross Segram again this morning and the construction worker directed me up to the University crossing. I said "I heard you had a bridge now" and he told me "That's been removed".

I asked the construction workers about it. Apparently the bridge was in place over the weekend and might come back after they're done for the day. They expect to be working on the crossing all week and hope to be done by the end of the week.

If you're on the east side of Seagram and you want to get to University you can go through UW Place.
The entire sidewalk on the east side of King from William to Willis is in!

Also, cat pole foundations being put in in front of the uptown parkade.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
This is fantastic news - final stretch here, for certain. I love this phase!

You're very welcome for the photos, ijmorlan - I just wish I could make it a full-time job! Smile Stupid work gets in the way of me being able to be out on the line as much as I'd like.
(09-12-2016, 12:51 PM)plam Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 12:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: That was quick.   Also, what is the route to University?  Does one have to walk to Albert?

I asked the construction workers about it. Apparently the bridge was in place over the weekend and might come back after they're done for the day. They expect to be working on the crossing all week and hope to be done by the end of the week.

If you're on the east side of Seagram and you want to get to University you can go through UW Place.

Basically this:

It's not terribly obvious if you've never been to UWP before; just aim right between the two towers.
(09-12-2016, 04:16 PM)Markster Wrote: Basically this:

It's not terribly obvious if you've never been to UWP before; just aim right between the two towers.

Have you walked this recently? A week or two ago, this part of UWP was closed. You had to go around the next building and down the NE side of UWP.

Might have changed since then, but took me by surprise.
(09-12-2016, 04:52 PM)zanate Wrote: Have you walked this recently? A week or two ago, this part of UWP was closed. You had to go around the next building and down the NE side of UWP.

Might have changed since then, but took me by surprise.

Not recently, no.
This was my usual route last year, except for when the main UWP road from Philip was completely closed for sewer work related to the the residence building. (And then I had to go all the way to the NE corner, like you said)

I took that route this morning. It has been open since the closure on Seagram.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seagram Dr. You can cross on foot... kinda. The future trail crossing doesn't need much to make it a better alt. <a href="https://t.co/NJMy3T99I0">pic.twitter.com/NJMy3T99I0</a></p>&mdash; Mark Jackson-Brown (@Markster3000) <a href="https://twitter.com/Markster3000/status/775470270584852480">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And here's the current state of Caroline/Erb <a href="https://t.co/g7dN5Qjg2E">pic.twitter.com/g7dN5Qjg2E</a></p>&mdash; Mark Jackson-Brown (@Markster3000) <a href="https://twitter.com/Markster3000/status/775470652514074624">September 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »