Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
(07-31-2020, 02:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: You can definitely live fairly comfortably in 300 sqft bachelor unit (as a single person); I have done so myself. You just can't accumulate a lot of stuff.
The secret is to have high shelving from IKEA that you can stow all your stuff on.

(07-31-2020, 01:24 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Which building was rumored at 50 stories?
Nothing that had been proposed yet. Hence why they were in the pipeline. I have no idea what sites or locations were in consideration for buildings of that size, other than I'm fairly certain it was not phase 2 of station park.
(07-31-2020, 03:04 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: You can definitely live fairly comfortably in 300 sqft bachelor unit (as a single person); I have done so myself. You just can't accumulate a lot of stuff.

The secret is to have high shelving from IKEA that you can stow all your stuff on.

No, really, the secret is to have less stuff in the first place. Smile
Aug. 7, 2020

This might be the last picture I can post with a view from above.  When they add the next floor next week we will be level.

Somehow you still look 2 to 3 store is higher...
I'm surprised we haven't seen more cladding on the lower floors
(08-09-2020, 11:47 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm surprised we haven't seen more cladding on the lower floors

It started on the Duke St side, all the frames for the window walls are in.

(08-09-2020, 11:47 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm surprised we haven't seen more cladding on the lower floors

Snapped a pic yesterday of the exterior starting to go up.

Podium looks like a bigger footprint than that of Charlie West ... is it? What about the tower?
(08-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Podium looks like a bigger footprint than that of Charlie West ... is it? What about the tower?
Podium is way bigger. I dont know about tower dimensions. They're similar but I think this may also be slightly bigger
In the first render it showed the parking podium as being like a chain link fence or a mesh type, but here's what they're actually doing.

Attached Files Image(s)

omg. Trying to give 22 Frederick some competition?
Ew...please tell me the tallest building ever made in Waterloo Region is not going to have a painted concrete podium? I know this is by IN8 Developments - not exactly a developer building architecturally pleasing buildings - but come on...

This region seriously needs an architectural advisory board or something if this is actually what they're going with.

Well, the Frederick St facade of the podium was always the weakest aspect of this project. It seems unfortunate, especially when it is directly across the street from a building as prestigious as the court house.
Not surprised in the slightest with those ugly garage podium precast panels. This project is tall, that is it. It is not going to be a looker that the region can be proud of. The best thing about this project is that it pushes the height up. Eventually a developer with more prestige will come along and want to take over the tallest building in the region. 

Still disappointing at least the mesh was somewhat interesting. Hopefully they just find an artist to do a mural on it. Not holding my breath on that though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »